Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Lessons from 2013

Here we are beginning another new year and, yes it is true, over a year has passed since I last posted anything to my blog. I apologize for being absent for so long. Let me tell you what I have been up to. In 2013 I did the following:
Hitting the ground running this year!

  • Went to massage therapy school and received my massage therapist license and master bodyworker certification
  • Graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and became a certified holistic health coach (AADP certified)
  • Gained 20ish pounds
  • Exercised only a handful of times (seriously--over the entire year)
  • Practiced yoga only a handful of times (boy am I stiff!)
  • Opened my own massage studio in the basement of my mom's house (doesn't sound very chic but I assure you, it is beautiful!)
  • Went to a Chi Running Instructor Training (still working on the certification)
  • Sent out Christmas cards (first time ever, so never mind that they went out well after Christmas--and maybe New Year's).
In a lot of ways I feel that 2013 was all about getting to the starting line--my own personal starting line--for the amazing success that is waiting for me. I put some things that are very important to me on the back burner and focused on getting this education that I feel will propel me into the realization of my dreams and the amazing journey that will take me there. I gained a lot of weight, but I let go of the belief that deprivation is the only way to lose weight, and I am so much happier living without deprivation in my life. What a relief! I stopped exercising almost entirely, but I learned to more effectively listen to my body, and now that I am back to exercising regularly (3 days in a row so far--woohoohoo!!!) I am paying more attention to what my body is telling me in the process. Surely this will lead to much more success in maintaining a long-term workout program, and will help me to prevent injury. Another major victory! I learned that loving my body isn't just about loving what I see when I look in the mirror--but that is a story for another time, and another blog post.

There are so many other things I have learned this past year, but rather than go on and on and overstay my welcome, I will end by telling you that 2013 was an amazing year, that I am so grateful for the lessons that I learned and all that I experienced in 2013, and that you will be hearing from me A LOT in 2014! Duh! I have to share the rest of my lessons some time, don't I?

Here's to a fabulously happy and successful 2014. And who knows, maybe I will actually have somebody to kiss on New Year's Eve of 2014. Anything is possible!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can tell you are a glass is half-empty kind of girl. ;-) I'm proud of you for taking your experiences over the past year and seeing the growth that has occurred instead of focusing on what hasn't happened. You are so amazing and such an inspiration to me. Thanks for being the one almost every time who pulls me out of my dark places and helps me see the light of hope again and again. You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis! You are a great support to me too! Don't know how I could survive without you!

      Delete