In discussing this phenomenon with my sister, Coach Denise Kay, we found that we have both been experiencing the same thing, and it has left both of us wondering what has changed? Why is this time so different? I don't know that there is one silver bullet that is making the difference for us, but perhaps it is the right combination of several good things, including the following:
- Daily prayer and scripture study. I know you may be wondering what this has to do with health and fitness, but I assure you that it is hugely important. If you have ever read that children's book You Are Special by Max Lucado, you know that the little Wemmicks who visit their creator on a regular basis have a better sense of who they are and of their own value, regardless of what anyone else may say or think about them. This is how daily scripture study and prayer help me. Knowing who I am and feeling my worth helps me to have more motivation to stick with my commitments, instead of falling back into that old habit of self-sabotage.
- Daily EFT practice. EFT has been so instrumental in helping me to clear my subconscious limiting beliefs and to align my energy with my goals. Denise and I have been tapping every day, and we check in with each other to make sure we are fitting it in every day and to discuss the experiences we are having. If we feel a lot of resistance about something specific during the day then that is what we try to focus on when we are tapping. This consistent, daily practice really makes a difference.
- Becoming Beachbody coaches. It seems to me that somehow tying our fitness and nutrition commitments to our business has created a huge incentive for both of us to get our workouts in every day and to eat right. We want to be able to coach others who are struggling with health/weight issues, and we know that as we experience our own transformation we can better assist those who are looking for help. I think that focusing on the service aspect of our own fitness journey is very motivating to both of us.
- Shakeology. This is a vitamin-packed protein drink that I think is about as healthy as you can get in one glass. While I am focusing primarily on whole foods in my new way of eating, I do believe that this is an excellent way to supplement in order to ensure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals in your diet. Shakeology uses whole food sources, includes many superfoods, and is also quite tasty. I drink it with 16 ozs of almond milk and that makes it a really satisfying meal replacement. Shakeology has really helped me to curb my sweets cravings as well. Two thumbs up for this product. I have to credit it with at least a portion of my recent success.
- Hope and gratitude. I have been focusing on my blessings and holding that vibration of gratitude as often as I possibly can. When I feel grateful for all I have, it is easy for me to feel hope for the future and the many blessings and successes to come. I know they will come if I can keep holding onto that feeling of gratitude, and if I will trust myself and trust in God.