Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

And the August results are in . . .

Well, what can I say? I'm following pretty much the same path that I have previously followed when starting a "Six Months To A Six-Pack" type of program. I've gained weight and inches around the waist. This is the point where, historically, I have thrown everything out the window and quit trying. "What's the point?" I would say to myself. "It's obviously not working, and the pressure is just making me fatter." So, I have reached a decision point. Do I throw in the towel like I have done so many times before? I admit that I seriously considered this. But of course, not doing anything doesn't seem to be working either, so maybe I just need to adjust my strategy and re-commit.

. . . *sigh* . . . Do you ever feel like a hamster, running on your wheel day after day? No matter how fast and how hard you run, you never seem to get anywhere. . . *sigh* . . .

Anyway, I've decided to re-commit. I REALLY want this! I am now working with a fitness/nutrition trainer (Melissa Guthrie--contact her at mgfitness321@gmail.com--she's pretty amazing!). Melissa has developed a meal plan personalized to my level of activity, my RMR, and my weight release goals, so that should take care of my nutrition. I started tracking my eating and exercising on MyFitnessPal.com (check out CoachMelindaAnn to see what I have been eating). Now, after taking a couple weeks off from exercising, I am easing gently back into it to ensure that I stay healthy and continue to move forward. And that is exactly what my new strategy is--to keep moving forward, no matter what. I am also really focusing on accepting myself--and my body--exactly as I am. I want to be able to say "I am beautiful exactly as I am" and believe it down to my core.

Just four months left--here's to my re-commitment to getting my six-pack abs! I WILL SUCCEED!

August results:

Weight: 156.2 lbs
Waist: 38.5 inches

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, Mel! I've been thinking for a while now that we need to set our very lofty goals and move forward with faith and confidence, knowing that if we don't achieve them in the time frame we've allotted, we'll just keep going with that same faith, knowing that we're better off for working toward them and that we WILL reach them, even if it takes a little longer than expected.

    ReplyDelete